
As far as being a geek goes, I put myself somewhere way below the 30 Year Old Virgin but super way higher than Napolean Dynamite. I pride myself in knowing the basics of comic books, I collect them, I can draw them (pretty much the best I know of) and I like to follow the story arcs. Oh, also, I despised the "Death of Superman" fiasco and view it as the bubble bursting of comicdom. But now, I fear, they are engineering a new death for Superman.
Background: The comic book entitled "The Authority" is a book intended for mature audiences put out by DC's naughty "Wildstorm" publisher. It has Apollo, the "Sun-God" who is a Superman knock off, and the Midnighter, who you have to look real hard not to see Batman ears on his bat-cowl (i.e. a Batman knockoff). The comic is alternative because it is extraordinarilly violent and sexual. Oh, and did I mention that Superman and Batman get it on? They are "lovers." Yes, this comic book is force fed to us (regardless of erratic sales numbers) in order to heavily and actively promote the homosexual lifestyle.
Foreground: Final Crisis 7 is your typical end of the universe/universes theme of late, and they are forced to recruit "supermen" from alternative universes. "The Question" is now sufficently tokenized as a woman for political correctness, and they have TokenMan (black superman) and I couldn't see the handicapable Superman, but I am sure he was there flying his wheelchair around somewhere. Then I saw it: Apollo, the Queer Sun God, was in the panel as an alternative Superman!
So, DC has officialy stamped its designation on the Queer Wonder as Superman, all that is left to do is wait for you knuckle dragging conservative bigots to stop hating and get with the program!
I say they just change their name to AC/DC and be done with it! Why do you think the Watchmen was so popular? It had deranged sexual habits from start to finish by all the characters! Gay, lesbian, erectile disfunction, rape, and even the evolutionary God replacement "Dr. Manhatten" leaving his wrinkly old woman for a fresh underage piece of tail.
Both the Authority and Watchmen are and were extremely well written, don't get me wrong, and the excellent art in the Authority makes Watchmen look like it was drawn by an Elementary school class. But this only proves their investment in promoting debauchery and depravity. They wouldn't entrust their precious agenda to the less talented scrubs!
Perhaps in another post I will tackle the homosexuality issue in its entirety, but for now lets just say it's the Twitter of social causes: All the rage! Blacks and women have equal opportunities now, but we have this whole giant social cause network just laying around. We can't have that, literary awards are at stake. Like Perry said in the latest Superman movie (which, by the way, was directed by a homosexual, centered on Supes' bastard son, and featured the Man of Steel breaking up an unmarried-but-living-together-couple so he could get the girl. You GO DC!): "No one remembers what you got a Pulitzer Prize for, only that you got one."
So, get used to Superman cuddling up next to his boy toy soon in the ACDC universe.
They're here, they're queer, and your boyhood hero is just.... Superrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
(Thanks for asking).
