
We are supposed to be saddened today by the murder of Dr. George Tiller, a baby torturer and murderer. I suppose that I am saddened. I am saddened that a man who was anti-abortion and anti-life chose to meet out justice on his own terms rather than Gods by killing Tiller. I suppose we could call it an unlicensed extreme late-term abortion, the kind of baby butchery that Tiller was expert at. But Tiller had a license, so his practice was technically legal.
I have come to learn that God is slow about meeting out justice under our flawed notions of fairness. God is slow to end suffering and evil. God allows the most horrible conditions to linger here on earth. But through it all, God is patient to allow two things to happen: First, we are to learn that most of what we consider evil and suffering on earth is due to the sinful nature of man, and it reminds us not to put our trust in men. Second, God is patient so that many may repent away from the evils caused by men and seek refuge in His loving shelter. But His justice, though slow, is also sure and perfect. I have come to learn that when we selfishly steal that justice away from him, we do a terrible job and we cheat God of His vengeance.
I am saddened that this anti-life killer will be associated with the pro-life movement, even though it is illogical for him to be pro-life since he took a life outside of the rule of law. Never-mind the tortured logic behind painting this killer as pro-life, he will be, and that will end up further muzzling the pro-life movement and damaging the freedom of speech that used to be abundant in this country. The willing media will anxiously review every aspect of this story, especially all associations this killer had with any respectable pro-life organizations, for years to come. Memory doesn’t serve on whether they showed us pictures of Dr. Tillers procedures (where a baby is born head first, he then viciously stabs it in the back of the head with a pair of scissors severing the child’s spinal cord, then he jabs a vacuum tube in the hole he brutally created and “removes” the brain, as one would empty a dirty pail of water) over and over again in order to create sympathy for the pro-life movement. Oh wait, memory serves. They didn’t. So, I am saddened that the 51% of Americans who are pro-life will be painted with the same brush as this killer. He has done the majority of Americans a disservice, and will be used as a propaganda tool to continue baby murder and the denial of the majority’s voices for another generation to come.
Am I sad that this Dr. who brutally murdered infants being born is no longer practicing his brutality? Never. I am only saddened by the actions of a killer who impatiently stole Gods justice, being poisoned by the allure of his own idolatry, believing his own actions were better than Gods.
It is ironic that pro-choice people are saying it is hard to have middle ground with us now. How do you have middle ground with those who take the life of others? Gosh, we have been saying the same thing for years. They were infinitely patient to “reach out” for “common ground” while they were murdering the most innocent human beings on the planet. We were scratching our heads, wondering where the middle ground on genocide was. Now the shoe is on the other foot, and the media will run with this football for the next 20 years to eliminate any chance of “common ground.” Make no mistake, the pro-life movement will no longer be free, and this killer has pulled the pin on the swelling grenade of government impatience to deny us the right to peaceably demonstrate.
I am saddened that this murderer of the most innocent of humans among us did not choose to repent and value the lives God created. I am also saddened that the reprobate church he was attending allowed him not only entrance, but a position as an usher. No doubt the gospel has long since left those hollow pews to be replaced with politically correct mumblings of an elitist clergy. I am saddened that the precious grace of Jesus is being replaced by the shock and awe type of cheap grace of a Jerry Springer show. Allowing an unrepentant child murderer to be an usher? They were serving the idolatry of their own superior graciousness, separate and opposite to God’s.
So yes, I am saddened. But the score stands at over 12 million dead babies since 2000 alone, to 4 abortion doctors. I am saddened that a man guilty of shedding innocent blood was killed, but I am also saddened by the millions of innocent sacrifices made to the god of selfishness. In the end, there is just too much death and injustice. I look forward to perfect Justice returning on the earth.
